Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grateful

I am away from work today with two kiddos, Audra and Nolan. Audra, who was diagnosed with atypical chicken pox, is what started the entire process. Nolan is home too as a safety precaution for the school so that it does not spread. I would have said I am home, but home has not yet been established for us.

So, with all of what we are facing how would I label this post as being grateful? I am finding that in this time there is increased need to value and appreciate what you do have. Even though we are not in our home, we are blessed to have a roof over our head, and a comfortable place to stay. Many thanks go out to Tom and Jan for allowing us to call their home ours in this time of transitions.

I also have a few folks whom have been amazing during this entire process. Caron, who stepped in from the very start, helped us as we were still facing major decisions. She continues to bless us with her supportive ear and offers aid at every turn. I am grateful that she is in our lives and thankful that is there for us. Caron you are AWESOME! Thank you for your empathetic administrative approach in all you do.

Through all this I also want to thank many of you who have sent well wishes and for your prayers. It is an incredible feeling to watch the support flow from many different areas of our lives. I had recently wrote in my Monday e-newsletter, the Weekly Dose, that it truly takes a community effort to make it through the tough times and challenged folks to get to know their neighbors. Our neighbors Ray and Linda were very gracious and cooked dinner for all of us in light of us having no kitchen, no appliances, and trying to prepare food for 5! We spent many a dinners in the weeks following the storm on their back porch indulging on the wonderful food Linda prepared.

I guess what has driven me to write today is the need to write. The need to express my thoughts, feelings and emotions. Albeit they are mixed up like a good recipe right now, I find myself riding a roller coaster ride each day. This is not bad, but it is good to be aware of it.

I am also grateful today that, chicken pox aside, we are all ok. This experience shall pass and others will follow. My way of looking at things is, yes, we have been impacted. Yes, we are completely out of whack. However, it is only temporary. That's the key to this whole thing that I am grateful for as well. The temporary state that is our lives. This too shall pass.

No comments: