Monday, September 15, 2008

And the journey home begins...

It's a Monday, and boy howdy do we know it. Debra and I are currenlty assessing the best plan of action as it relates to getting to our home and to beginning the process of getting back on our feet.

For anyone reading this, or who is able, that was impacted by the storm I strongly encourage you to get on online as soon as possible to register with FEMA. www.fema.gov. The fun times ahead are centered on the "balancing act" between insurance providers, flood and home, as well as FEMA support. Fortunately I have taken all the actions needed and am in all systems with claim requests and applicatoins processed.

What to do and where to go?

Before I go any further on us, I must give a great shout out to Jeff and Stefanie Stefancic for being so great to the Klinger family. They have been wonderful. For those who do not know, my daugther Audra turned 4 this past week. We had planned a party for the 13th, the day that IKE hit our region. Well, Jeff, Stefanie, Nick Zuniga and his wife Stephanie cooridanted a birthday party for Audra yesterday, September 14th. Now this was not just a party, but a PRINCESS party, full with princess cake, hat, and stickers! On top of that, they also invited all of the families with kiddos to celebrate the party with Audra. What a heart warming time. One that I will be forever grateful for.

Thank you Jeff, Stefanie, Nick and Stephanie for planning a wonderful party for Audra!

My next steps are to get ready and work my way back to our home for clean up. I will work towards an update once I am able.

Again, thank you all for your prayers and supportive emails. They lift our spirits and let us know we are not alone in this expereince.

More from me later.....

No comments: